- This event has passed.
Webinar “COVID-19: Unprecedent Daily Challenges in Pathology Departments across Europe”
8 May|16:00 - 18:00
The European Society of Pathology (ESP) is delighted to invite you to participate in the webinar “COVID-19: Unprecedent Daily Challenges in Pathology Departments across Europe”
ESP, following the vision for “Excellence in pathology for optimal patient care”, is taking actions in response to the current global health crisis. The COVID-19 pandemic has a significant impact on Pathology Departments across Europe, particularly in countries with the highest prevalence of infection. Some National Societies have proposed guidelines for pathology practice and sample management.
In this regard, ESP will be organising a webinar with representatives of the ESP-affiliated National Societies and other ESP KOLs, to analyse the impact of the outbreak, to share their experience on the management of COVID-19 samples and to highlight how the crisis is affecting biomarkers testing.
The webinar will take place on Friday 8 May (16.00-18.00 hrs. CEST) and will be moderated by Professors Holger Moch, Marco Santucci and Xavier Matias-Guiu.
- Introduction. Holger Moch (Switzerland)
- Reorganisation of Pathology Departments. Xavier Matias-Guiu (Spain)
- Management of COVID-19 samples. Mattia Barbareschi (Italy)
- Management of COVID-19 death bodies. Gustavo Baretton (Germany)
- Impact of COVID-19 on molecular testing in human samples. Paul Hofman (France)
- General Discussion